Fuggin' Cheap Ass Made Chit

in memory of Wipoto, whose whines were real, unlike yours

Moderator: clw54

TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Fuggin' Cheap Ass Made Chit

Post by TRx »

So I drain the first 50 gallon hot water heater... I even opened up the pressure relief valve and ran compressed air through the thing. Then I put it back together. I do the same for the second 50 gallon heater... done.

I then thought I'd check the first one by cracking open the drain valve just to make sure no water came out.... uh oh... lots of water. Now I was positive I'd closed both water supply valves before starting... I checked and yep they were closed. But with the compressor off I could barely hear water running at the shut off valve.

God dang leakin' valve was filling up the first tank I'd already emptied :mad: Now I've got the water to the whole house off and am having to redrain the suckers.

How fuggin' hard is it to make a valve that won't leak???

Another thing... is it asking too much to make the area where your wrench is supposed to go to unscrew the element more than a fuggin' 1/16" wide???

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh !!!!!

fuddernutter everyone :mad:
adamlaneus
CCW likes me more than Rollo

Post by adamlaneus »

A leaky shut off valve. Hm. You've probably mentioned it here but I bet you have some hard-assed water.
How much sediment came out when you drained them?

Good lord. 100 gallons of hot water in your ATTIC? In TWO heaters? What Einstein thought that one up?

When I was house-hunting seven years ago, I saw some things. Some very scary things in the realm of plumbing. Some of the worst were 'defunct solar heating systems'. How to fuddernutter up a house.
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

get a water softener.

I assume you have expansion tanks on those 50 gallon tanks.

why heat hot water?
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

It's done. I'm good for another period of time. Maybe I'll look into a softener but the ROI isn't too good I'd think. They're over-priced.

I've got some pics I'll post in the General Forum and I did get some good news which doesn't belong in this forum :lol:
SnakeDoctor

Post by SnakeDoctor »

valve = made in China :razz:
Image #1 all-time OFR record holding dead pool champion. Image
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

I got a softener through Culligan when I lived down there. Didn't buy it, just leased it for about forty bucks a month.