Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Mrs FatMan is trying to kill me...30 day hiking challenge

Post by TRx »

Gitrdone

Here’s my hike from yesterday… we’ll, more like not a hike

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

It truly sucked out there again. But my work is done. encore: encore: encore: encore: encore:

Now I have earned Mrs FatMan's reward, and believe me...she will make the whole nightmare worth it. :D

Did have a big ass bear greet us out on the trail today. Probably 450lbs which is about as big as they get around here. I guess he was congratulating us on our completion of our goal.
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
Flatwoods

Post by Flatwoods »

Probably figured you were too skinny to bother eating.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Flatwoods wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:53 am Probably figured you were too skinny to bother eating.
Bear are way too afraid of humans up here. When I see one I usually just see their backside as they are scurrying away. I used to be a little concerned when I had dogs because the dogs were too stupid to know they shouldn't chase the bears. But as you know, we hunt bear here and those suckers know it. :lol:

Flatwoods

Post by Flatwoods »

Bears don't like human contact.
That's why they are only in isolated pockets.
We have decent habitat but no tracts large enough to avoid human contact.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

I grew up hunting bear with hounds in northern WI. By and large your average black bear is nothing to worry about. It is the sows with cubs and the ones that have become too habituated to people that are troublesome. I had one walk up behind me a month ago or so as I was getting ready to fish that unsettled me a touch. Folks have the bad habit of tossing carp up the bank for the bears and I am sure the bears are also used to looking for human food scraps. I don't think it intended to do much beyond cheering me on to catch some fish, but it was closer to the 4Runner than I was and that bothered me. It was super tall at the shoulder but kind of lanky, maybe 300lb. The idea of a bear watching me fish was cute, but I yelled at it and it went in the woods. I left because I didn't feel like watching behind me the whole time.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

You guys wouldn't like the gun forums.
Every other post axes about the best gun for BEARS!!!

One would think BEARS are overrunning the country.

Oh....digression.

One fool was bragging that he took his wunnerful grandkid shootin.
INDOOR range.
30 Carbine.

I replied, "Does your range allow cross-lane firing?

Nobody got it. Well, one guy did.

I hope the rest die of tinnitus. !!!!
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Oh I would want a very large gun to spend any time in grizzly country. More like three of them in case the first two jam.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:47 pm Oh I would want a very large gun to spend any time in grizzly country. More like three of them in case the first two jam.
Just spin around behind them and stick your finger up its ass, then when it rears up its head you take your pocket knife and slit its throat.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

TRx wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:12 pm
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:47 pm Oh I would want a very large gun to spend any time in grizzly country. More like three of them in case the first two jam.
Just spin around behind them and stick your finger up its ass, then when it rears up its head you take your pocket knife and slit its throat.
chin:

You're right. Four guns instead of three.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Black bears are not brown bears for sure. I would tread lightly if a brown was in view. Of course we have no browns here. As per HLT's post above around these parts a fed bear is a dead bear. If any bear gets food from a hikers camp the forest service will take it out ASAP.

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

TRx wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:18 am Gitrdone

Here’s my hike from yesterday… we’ll, more like not a hike

10,800 is a good day. Based on my stride it equals about 5 miles. The average person walks only 1 to 2 miles a day unless they are actively exercising. Amer Heart Assoc uses 10K as a healthy benchmark.

TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

the following morning it showed 11,549. yesterday was 11,656 and today will be around the same. considering I have a "desk job" I still get my walking done by walking around the plant
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

TRx wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:43 pm the following morning it showed 11,549. yesterday was 11,656 and today will be around the same. considering I have a "desk job" I still get my walking done by walking around the plant
"Management by wandering around" is a great practice. One of my early mentors told me if I really wanted to know what is going on, get out from behind your desk and wander talking to all you see.

HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

FatMan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:11 pm
TRx wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:43 pm the following morning it showed 11,549. yesterday was 11,656 and today will be around the same. considering I have a "desk job" I still get my walking done by walking around the plant
"Management by wandering around" is a great practice. One of my early mentors told me if I really wanted to know what is going on, get out from behind your desk and wander talking to all you see.
It also lets the rank and file know you are clueless and don't have enough to do to actually justify your salary.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm
It also lets the rank and file know you are clueless and don't have enough to do to actually justify your salary.
Mute point since I was the guy who signed all the paychecks. I didn't have to justify anything to anyone. :razz:

HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

FatMan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:28 pm
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm
Mute point since I was the guy who signed all the paychecks. I didn't have to justify anything to anyone. :razz:
chin: