Moderator: clw54

PerryHall

Re: Signed, Sealed, Not Delivered.

Post by PerryHall »

Any updates on your missing coins? hmm:
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

PerryHall wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:17 pm Any updates on your missing coins? hmm:
Nothing. Nada. Nichts.

Unless smoething shows up, I have to wait until there's a finalization in UPS's investigation before ANACS will refund me. That could take days, weeks, months,...it's fine, I'm used to waiting. :mad:

I don't think the Police investigation I began will satisfy ANACS's requirements; neither will the Numismatic Crime report I filled out last Wednesday.

I check PCGS and eBay every morning to see if anything's surfaced.
RMan

Post by RMan »

It was probably those damn pool guys who signed for it and took it...while you were inside grabbing beers for everyone!
They kept you waiting this long, I wouldn't put it past them

:twisted:
surfinx

Post by surfinx »

Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:29 pm
PerryHall wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:17 pm Any updates on your missing coins? hmm:
Nothing. Nada. Nichts.

Unless smoething shows up, I have to wait until there's a finalization in UPS's investigation before ANACS will refund me. That could take days, weeks, months,...it's fine, I'm used to waiting. :mad:

I don't think the Police investigation I began will satisfy ANACS's requirements; neither will the Numismatic Crime report I filled out last Wednesday.

What are the Anacs requirements? Does it have to be from the carrier?

I know a document examiner….he could easily verify/refute signatures, if needed.
The space formerly reserved for smoething intelligent.

still not intelligent
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

surfinx wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:02 pm
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:29 pm
Nothing. Nada. Nichts.

What are the Anacs requirements? Does it have to be from the carrier?

I know a document examiner….he could easily verify/refute signatures, if needed.
Yessah!

I can't get a copy of the signature - "proof of delivery" only shows four letters of my last name in print, no facsimile.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

That's some serious bull Elmo.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

Just start killing all your neighbors. In time you will probably get the thief.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

Your investigation has been closed with a proof of delivery.

This is what I saw this morning on the UPS site regarding my 'lost' package. I call customer service and say that I do not have package and it sounds like the investigation is over because it was signed for. I reiterated that I did not sign for it and I can prove that I was not home during the time of delivery. Rep says that the package was found. What!? "Yes, I will connect you to the investigation department." Okay, great, but....

I get connected and the rep asks for the pertinent information and asks what my "concerns are"(?) "My concerns?" I said, "My concerns are that a 5.8 lb box of coins was delivered and signed for other than me and that the previous rep, the one that transferred me to you, said the package was found. Rep, "Can I put you on hold". Elevator music. Rep comes back on line and says the they will reopen the investigation, no package was found.
walmann

Post by walmann »

Way too much Elmo.
Sheep are fed information, wolves hunt for it.

"I apologize for replacing superstition with science. If it is any solace, the West has abandoned this and gone back to blaming the weather on the acts of man." - Don Surber
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

FOUND, all 33 ANACS encapsulated coins!

After this morning's whipsaw of emotions, I didn't think this evening would come with my coins in hand.

Coins were sent to a previous address that I had not lived at in years. I learned of this five hours after the day's earlier event. I drove to the old house, just a mile away to see if anyone was home. Lucky enough, the lady of the house was painting the front door. I asked if she got a package for me. She said yes and was surprised to see me because she thought I had moved back to the Mainland. She said they were off island and had not had time to return the package to UPS.

Who signed for the delivery? How long were the coins on the lanai? I didn't care anymore, took the coins and drove home.

But I will be having a phone-con with ANACS in the morning. batguy:
FatMan

Re: Signed, Sealed, and FOUND!

Post by FatMan »

Happy for you. :lol:

The longer these things go the less likely the package is recovered. It would be helpful if proof of delivery included an address. whistle:
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

encore: elmo:
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

damn... you didn't even get to kill anyone... :(
surfinx

Post by surfinx »

Next whine will likely be about cancelled mint order now…. :razz:
The space formerly reserved for smoething intelligent.

still not intelligent
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Will you be suing the neighbor for forgery?
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I don't get why so many places are going UPS and Fedex for shipping.
Neither works as good as USPS.
At least USPS has superiors that aren't in the company to bitch to.

I get my pipe tobacco UPS because DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES can't be left with a doorway brat.

They fuddernutter up an order for TAPERED pipe cleaners and they replaced them n/c ....BUT.... adult sig reqd.
PIPE CLEANERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stupid
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

I have never had anything lost by any of them.

Gave myself a few ulcers watching tracking. But everything made it to the destination in the end.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

surfinx wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:26 am Next whine will likely be about cancelled mint order now…. :razz:
Shoots, I can't find your two coins...
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

Comrade Renski wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 am FOUND, all 33 ANACS encapsulated coins!

After this morning's whipsaw of emotions, I didn't think this evening would come with my coins in hand.

Coins were sent to a previous address that I had not lived at in years. I learned of this five hours after the day's earlier event. I drove to the old house, just a mile away to see if anyone was home. Lucky enough, the lady of the house was painting the front door. I asked if she got a package for me. She said yes and was surprised to see me because she thought I had moved back to the Mainland. She said they were off island and had not had time to return the package to UPS.

Who signed for the delivery? How long were the coins on the lanai? I didn't care anymore, took the coins and drove home.

ANACS called me in the wee hours this morning - a productive call. Even though I had a box of coins sent to my current address last year, somehow my box of 33 was sent to my previous address. The rep apologized and assured that my previous address was no where to be found.
RMan

Post by RMan »

Comrade Renski wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 am FOUND, all 33 ANACS encapsulated coins!

I saw a CU post they were found...was going to tell you to go to that dude's house to recover them whistle: