Letter from the presdient

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

cullenbryant

Re: Letter from the presdient

Post by cullenbryant »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:25 pm
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:15 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:03 pm I'm all for sending aid to the Ukraine and Israel, not sure why you wouldn't want to support our allies.
And nobody is stopping you from sending aid to either one. The real issue comes in when you expect everyone to feel the way you do about a given situation. And one could explain the reasons why they believed our country sending aid to ukraine is a terrible idea, but being doubtful it would yield any concession of ideas you have about it, few will endeavor to tackle it. If you haven't considered the why's by now, then you are unlikely to.
When did I say you should believe in what I believe. I put out my viewpoint and get insulted for it. And now you've insulted me again. If you want to support Putin just come out and say so. A bunch of bible thumpers on this forum shouldn't even be able to vote if you believe in that nonsense it's no wonder you support T Rump.
I certainly didn't mean to insult you, and i do not see where i did. Re read your post. I quote "Not sure why you wouldn't want to support our allies".

My point is, if you do not see why anyone would see the situation differently than you, then you are unlikely to with any future effort of explaining those again now two plus years into the war.
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

tlhoy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:36 pm Is Ukraine an ally of the U.S. or to Obama & Biden? Thats the problem, Obama overthrew the Ukraine government And the EU objected to it but Obamas people said over the phone "F***k the EU.

You see Im not sure who the hell they are trying to save over there. Obama, Biden their meddling in other countries, Ukraine, the people of Ukraine or just trying to give Putin a black eye. All I know for sure is a shit load of people are dead in a war the Ukraine cant possibly win.

Israel is another ballgame
All I know is Putin invaded the Ukraine. He must be stopped. We made ourselves policemen of the planet after WW2. Too often we have supported then abandoned our allies around the world.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:50 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:25 pm
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:15 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:03 pm I'm all for sending aid to the Ukraine and Israel, not sure why you wouldn't want to support our allies.
And nobody is stopping you from sending aid to either one. The real issue comes in when you expect everyone to feel the way you do about a given situation. And one could explain the reasons why they believed our country sending aid to ukraine is a terrible idea, but being doubtful it would yield any concession of ideas you have about it, few will endeavor to tackle it. If you haven't considered the why's by now, then you are unlikely to.
When did I say you should believe in what I believe. I put out my viewpoint and get insulted for it. And now you've insulted me again. If you want to support Putin just come out and say so. A bunch of bible thumpers on this forum shouldn't even be able to vote if you believe in that nonsense it's no wonder you support T Rump.
I certainly didn't mean to insult you, and i do not see where i did. Re read your post. I quote "Not sure why you wouldn't want to support our allies".

My point is, if you do not see why anyone would see the situation differently than you, then you are unlikely to with any future effort of explaining those again now two plus years into the war.
If you haven't considered the why's by now, then you are unlikely to.
I consider those words to be an insult.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

I could understand ones sensitivities if they didn't post thing like this.

bunch of bible thumpers on this forum shouldn't even be able to vote if you believe in that nonsense it's no wonder you support T Rump

It's really quite bizarre. Nevertheless, my observation was not meant as an insult
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:15 pm I could understand ones sensitivities if they didn't post thing like this.

bunch of bible thumpers on this forum shouldn't even be able to vote if you believe in that nonsense it's no wonder you support T Rump

It's really quite bizarre. Nevertheless, my observation was not meant as an insult
I only said that in retaliation. However I do think it's true. Organized religion is a scourge, be it christianity, judaism, or islam or any of the other religions that pervade our societies. Religion has held science back no telling how many hundreds of years.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

I disagree, but i also have an observation for you. there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf. for instance, you have the government and your statist dogmas as yours
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm I disagree, but i also have an observation for you. there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf. for instance, you have the government and your statist dogmas as yours
I'm not against religion, I'm against organized religion. Yet I fear you are right, there are always going to be people who try and mislead other people by exploiting their fears.
Last edited by mdwoods on Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
clw54
I have a blog

Post by clw54 »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm
tlhoy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:36 pm Is Ukraine an ally of the U.S. or to Obama & Biden? Thats the problem, Obama overthrew the Ukraine government And the EU objected to it but Obamas people said over the phone "F***k the EU.

You see Im not sure who the hell they are trying to save over there. Obama, Biden their meddling in other countries, Ukraine, the people of Ukraine or just trying to give Putin a black eye. All I know for sure is a shit load of people are dead in a war the Ukraine cant possibly win.

All I know is Putin invaded the Ukraine. He must be stopped.
He already invaded it. What's our goal now?
--Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

I hate the government -- Barndog

everyone wants to pontificate but nobody wants to wipe ass with one square -- Cullen
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

clw54 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:28 pm

Keep supplying the Ukraine, what other choice do we have? It wouldn't surprise me if we abandon them, the US has a history of doing that, first supporting then bailing out.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:29 pm

Keep supplying the Ukraine, what other choice do we have? It wouldn't surprise me if we abandon them, the US has a history of doing that, first supporting then bailing out.
Kinda like what Biden did with our border. We use to have one but now it is wide open.
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

WhyNot wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:35 pm

Kinda like what Biden did with our border. We use to have one but now it is wide open.
What's the Texas national guard doing then?
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Trying to do the job Biden refuses to do. In fact Biden is trying to thwart the efforts Texas is making to secure it's own border.
Someone please tell Biden that we don't need new laws just enforcement of the laws we already have.
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

How about negotiating an end. There's a hell of a lot more to the story than "putin invaded".

Ukrainians are trying to escape the fighting and moldova is catching them at the border and conscripting them. aint that funny and we let all these people in at our border claiming asylum who aren't fleeing anything except poverty and lack of gibs in their hood. but there you have real people fleeing war and we support throwing them back on busses where they go get liquefied.
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:37 pm

They're doing what Biden should have been doing. :roll:
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

WhyNot wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:40 pm Trying to do the job Biden refuses to do. In fact Biden is trying to thwart the efforts Texas is making to secure it's own border.
Someone please tell Biden that we don't need new laws just enforcement of the laws we already have.
He claims he is doing everything the law allows. I don't agree with what's happening on the border. How many of you guys have written letters to the white house asking for a change. I hear a lot whining but I don't see any actions being taken.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

PerryHall wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:45 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:37 pm

They're doing what Biden should have been doing. :roll:
Then what's the problem? I think California and Arizona should be doing the same thing as Texas.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:44 pm How about negotiating an end. There's a hell of a lot more to the story than "putin invaded".

Ukrainians are trying to escape the fighting and moldova is catching them at the border and conscripting them. aint that funny and we let all these people in at our border claiming asylum who aren't fleeing anything except poverty and lack of gibs in their hood. but there you have real people fleeing war and we support throwing them back on busses where they go get liquefied.
How do negotiate with a tyrant? Shame on those Ukrainians that won't defend their own country. I don't support what's happening on the border, all I did was post a letter I got from Biden after I wrote to protest the situation. How many others here have even bothered to write a letter. It only takes a very few minutes to do so.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 pm
WhyNot wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:40 pm Trying to do the job Biden refuses to do. In fact Biden is trying to thwart the efforts Texas is making to secure it's own border.
He claims he is doing everything the law allows. I don't agree with what's happening on the border. How many of you guys have written letters to the white house asking for a change. I hear a lot whining but I don't see any actions being taken.
Do you think the whole world just woke up and said hey the US has a southern border.....let's go through it and live in America ? Prior to 2021 I guess no one realized they could do this.
Or maybe the whole world just woke up and said hey the US has a southern border and now.....suddenly.... unlike it has ever been ....it's wide open and we can get in. hmm: Now what changed in 2021 that has never changed before with all those other pesky presidents.
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

WhyNot wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 pm
Do you think the whole world just woke up and said hey the US has a southern border.....let's go through it and live in America ? Prior to 2021 I guess no one realized they could do this.
Or maybe the whole world just woke up and said hey the US has a southern border and now.....suddenly.... unlike it has ever been ....it's wide open and we can get in. hmm: Now what changed in 2021 that has never changed before with all those other pesky presidents.
I don't see what that has to do with what I said. But part of the reason illegal migration has increased is because of the economies in some countries in central and south America are doing poorly. I don't agree it's wide open. I don't like Biden but I dislike him less than I dislike T Rump. Like I said, how many here have bothered to take a few minutes to write letters to the white house? Only myself that I know of.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

mdwoods wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:09 pm ... I don't agree it's wide open...
If over 10 million penguins invaded and crossed the southern border you would surely say it was wide open.
Attachments
3_caters_thousands_of_penguins_in_huddle_04.jpg
3_caters_thousands_of_penguins_in_huddle_04.jpg (248.33 KiB) Viewed 451 times