The Return of Libertarian Glurge™

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

The Return of Libertarian Glurge™

Post by flaminio »

How about a little Mike Rowe to kick it off?

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
Barndog

Re: The Return of Libertarian Glurge™

Post by Barndog »

dunno:
makes sense to me

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Libertarians say and believe a lot of real common sense stuff, but I just can’t get behind legalizing all illegal drugs. Sure it will kill off some quickly but while they are killing themselves in say a speeding car while on heroin they may take out a few innocent folks with them.
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

WhyNot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:32 pm Libertarians say and believe a lot of real common sense stuff, but I just can’t get behind legalizing all illegal drugs. Sure it will kill off some quickly but while they are killing themselves in say a speeding car while on heroin they may take out a few innocent folks with them.
Many people are like this. There's always one hot-button issue that they are not willing to compromise on, and then they go vote for the Duopoly.

I don't agree with everything the LP and libertarianism stand for either. But I do agree with way more than I disagree with, and therefore they get my support.
GregorMendel

Post by GregorMendel »

WhyNot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:32 pm Libertarians say and believe a lot of real common sense stuff, but I just can’t get behind legalizing all illegal drugs. Sure it will kill off some quickly but while they are killing themselves in say a speeding car while on heroin they may take out a few innocent folks with them.
Lots of people take out other people while in a speeding car on alcohol, but alcohol is still legal.
"There are no stupid words, only stupid players."- Clark

"Untrue and it's also possible that something simple like seeding the upper atmosphere with reflective dust can reverse global warming and everyone will be cool again." -*wog
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

I have probably said it before on this forum, but hey, why not again? In order to get yourself elected in NH, you would have to run as an R candidate, even if you were Libertarian through-and-through ...and don't let it out that you are an L, that would be bad press.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

GregorMendel wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:41 pm
Lots of people take out other people while in a speeding car on alcohol, but alcohol is still legal.
No argument from me here, but the same for weed which we are fighting to legalize as well as Benadryl for a rash. But class narcotics or in the case of heroin a class 1 narcotic is in another league completely. Imagine the addiction level of opioids if they were available in 7-11 ?
cladking

Post by cladking »

You misunderstand.

We have a one party system of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich. Democrats and republicans are just the faces shown to the public. The American people are socially liberal and fiscally conservative but neither party reflect our desires and the powers that be are laughing at us by giving us the worst possible candidates in each election. And neither represent our values because they are there principally to divide the electorate over who chooses short term goals and who wants goodies as the quisling media cheers the process and tells us to vote our pocketbook instead of right and wrong.

There's a very simple reason that the libertarian platform is absurd; libertarians most closely reflect the electorate so the powers that be puts rotten planks in the platform. They make sure that there are no viable candidates that actually would represent 99% of the American people.

The American people aren't really "polarized"; it's that they all hold their noses and vote for the representative they believe won't destroy the system that is already spiraling down the tubes. It's going to hell because rich people are primarily concerned with greed and short term profits and this involves tremendous waste of natural and human resources. They are like drug addicts and need more money to even breath even if it means wasting everyone else's air.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Lot of truth in that clad.
BaghdadBob

Post by BaghdadBob »

Can't get behind a party for open borders, and wipe their asses with the 9th & 10th Amendments of the Bill of Rights.
tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Post by tlhoy »

Libertarians will never run anything because they are disorganized and spending all their time going after the gold when they should be focusing on the bronze.
Glenn

The democrat party spreading misery and death since 1828

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

BaghdadBob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:07 pm Can't get behind a party for open borders, and wipe their asses with the 9th & 10th Amendments of the Bill of Rights.
I understand your position about borders, but the 9th & 10th? Those are sacred to most libertarians.
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

probably a good time to drop this in and save smoe peeps' time googlin'

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Post by tlhoy »

The sad part is no matter who is elected they will eventually be corrupted by the system.

Politics have become a career, for some its their first job and they will stay there till retirement.
Glenn

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
GregorMendel

Post by GregorMendel »

BaghdadBob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:07 pm Can't get behind a party for open borders, and wipe their asses with the 9th & 10th Amendments of the Bill of Rights.
That's the problem with the Libertarian™ Party. They co-opted the name, but then they get all goofy with their positions and run literal lunatics and gun grabbers that no honest libertarian person would vote for.

I'm libertarian. I'm absolutely not Libertarian™.
"There are no stupid words, only stupid players."- Clark

"Untrue and it's also possible that something simple like seeding the upper atmosphere with reflective dust can reverse global warming and everyone will be cool again." -*wog
BaghdadBob

Post by BaghdadBob »

flaminio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 pm
I understand your position about borders, but the 9th & 10th? Those are sacred to most libertarians.
rofl: "I should be able to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't infringe on others' Rights."

Sound familiar? That's a direct contradiction of the intent of those 2 Amendments that give the people within the individual states the right to determine the morally under which they will live.
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

GregorMendel wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:36 pm
That's the problem with the Libertarian™ Party. They co-opted the name, but then they get all goofy with their positions and run literal lunatics and gun grabbers that no honest libertarian person would vote for.

I'm libertarian. I'm absolutely not Libertarian™.
That's cool, but make sure you're not Libertarian™ for proper reasons, and not the nonsense BaghdadBob spews.
tlhoy

Post by tlhoy »

BaghdadBob wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 pm "I should be able to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't infringe on others' Rights."
Thats exactly what all libertarian presidential candidates said during their debate. Theyre pro anarchy

Do what you want we will punish you later.

Glenn