The Return of Libertarian Glurge™

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Re: The Return of Libertarian Glurge™

Post by flaminio »

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

Right on Patton.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Never heard of him. Still, he'll get my vote over Trump or Biden.

PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

What are his chances of winning? whistle:
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:34 am What are his chances of winning? whistle:
In California, precisely the same as Trump winning the state.
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

Biden thanks you for not voting for Trump thus helping him to win reelection. :D
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:23 am Never heard of him. Still, he'll get my vote over Trump or Biden.

THIS.... is what the biden bunch is hoping for. :cry:
Far less fake ballots to print.
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:14 am Biden thanks you for not voting for Trump thus helping him to win reelection. :D
You really are a special kind of stupid, ain't ya?
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:37 am
PerryHall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:14 am Biden thanks you for not voting for Trump thus helping him to win reelection. :D
Name calling? You're as bad as HLT. :lol:
Throwing away your vote for some nobody who has zero chance of winning is a special kind of idiocy. :roll:
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:45 am
flaminio wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:37 am
Name calling? You're as bad as HLT. :lol:
OK -- try to follow along. I live in California. All of California's electoral votes will go to the candidate that gets the most popular votes in the state.

The great majority of Californians are going to vote for Biden. This is a given.

So, for my vote, it would go like this:

I vote for Biden -> Biden wins.
I vote for Trump -> Biden wins.
I vote for RFK -> Biden wins.
I vote for Oliver -> Biden wins.

Get it yet? It doesn't matter who I vote for in California. Given that it does not matter, I am better served voting for the political theory that most aligns with my own; that is, libertarianism. Denying Trump my vote in no way whatsoever helps Biden.
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

Using your logic, why do you bother voting?
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:55 am Using your logic, why do you bother voting?
A couple reasons, one philosophical, one pragmatic.

Philosophically, voting is a cornerstone of the American experiment. It is one's civic responsibility to vote. I've never missed an election since becoming of age.

Pragmatically, I vote for the LP to tell the world "we're still here". We're not going to win, but at least we show up. The hope is that enough people will recognize this and come over to our side (we have cookies) but truth be told it's been a long time and the Duopoly is not easy to relinquish control.
ArtificialStupidity

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:02 am Pragmatically, I vote for the LP to tell the world "we're still here". We're not going to win, but at least we show up. The hope is that enough people will recognize this and come over to our side (we have cookies) but truth be told it's been a long time and the Duopoly is not easy to relinquish control.
thumbsup:
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Also, if the question is "Of the several listed candidates, who would you most want to be President?" and if the answer to that question is who one should vote for, then my vote goes for Oliver as well.
ArtificialStupidity

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

Voted Nader in 2000.

Bush and Gore: Either of those clods were better than the nation sucking idiots of the last 16 years.
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT