Welcome to San Francisco

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

cullenbryant

Re: Welcome to San Francisco

Post by cullenbryant »

Gonna have to dust off the old 'crimes on the high seas' portion of law the history teacher used to talk about

POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
BaghdadBob

Post by BaghdadBob »

baccaruda wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:07 pm
I would just assume that if I was touching ANTYHING in SF that there's a good chance it had feces, semen, or piss on it recently.

That's EXACTLY what I said to Mrs BB when she axed why I wouldn't hold her hand while we were walking at Fisherman's Wharf.
flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Post by flaminio »

Wait... I was told that walls don't work?

San Francisco’s New Total Wine Gets Giant Security Fence

The owners of a new Total Wine & More store slated to open Thursday in San Francisco have erected a large security fence around it.

The fence is roughly 7 feet high and stretches around the store's parking lot. It is still under construction and has a space where a gate will likely be installed. Security guards were on duty at the store when The Standard visited Tuesday, and an alarm system could be heard sounding off.

I can't imagine why a liquor store would need a security fence...

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
vargha
Giving liberals the blues

Post by vargha »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

BigMark

Post by BigMark »

View from my home office window this morning looking toward Spain.

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before...

Woman sues San Francisco McDonald’s over ‘severe’ burns from hot coffee

A lawsuit has been filed by a woman who says she bought coffee from a San Francisco McDonald’s and was left with severe burns after the lid was not properly sealed over the drink.

Mable Childress, 85, says she visited the McDonald’s at 1100 Fillmore St. on June 13, 2023. She bought the coffee at the drive-through, according to the lawsuit, and the lid opened when she tried to drink it.

The lawsuit claims that Childress suffered “severe burns and emotional distress.” She has scarring on her groin area and is still feeling pain, though Childress’ lawyer told KRON4 she is recovering nicely and the burns are mostly healed.

Have fun thinking about an 85 year old woman's coffee-scarred groin area.
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

might take a few years to grind that case through court, if I'm the law firm for McDonalds
tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Post by tlhoy »

San Francisco Has Severe Cop Shortage After Defunding Push. Now It’s Recruiting — In Texas.
You know one of the states California was boycotting. How things have changed.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/san-fran ... g-in-texas
Glenn

The democrat party spreading misery and death since 1828

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Techies are paying $700 a month for tiny bed 'pods' in downtown San Francisco

Startup founders are paying $700 a month to stay in bed “pods” — tiny, semi-open boxes that only fit a single twin mattress and stand just 4 feet tall — according to media reports this week. The pods, made of steel and wood with a blackout curtain at one end, are arranged in a two-high, 14-long grid; residents share five bathrooms and a few common spaces, but don’t have a full kitchen or any laundry machines.

I'm not opposed to pod-life, but in this arrangement the sounds and smells must be overwhelming.
tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Post by tlhoy »

:lol: Prisoners have more room and they stay for free !
Glenn

The democrat party spreading misery and death since 1828

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

tlhoy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:56 am :lol: Prisoners have more room and they stay for free !
If The City offered to house the homeless in a similar setup the liberals would decry it as inhumane.
cladking

Post by cladking »

flaminio wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:14 am
Have fun thinking about an 85 year old woman's coffee-scarred groin area.
...And her mouthpiece who says it's healing nicely.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

flaminio wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:04 am
tlhoy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:56 am :lol: Prisoners have more room and they stay for free !
If The City offered to house the homeless in a similar setup the liberals would decry it as inhumane.
Winner!
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

MacGyver
Purveyor of the political smackdown

Post by MacGyver »

Good riddance
------------------------------------------------------------
Farkas: “...if they found out how we knew what we knew about their … the Trump staff dealing with Russians...”

Page: "Potus wants to know everything we're doing,"

Barry: “...they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

I love happy endings.
BigMark

Post by BigMark »