Welcome to San Francisco

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

baccaruda

Re: Welcome to San Francisco

Post by baccaruda »

RMan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:59 pm SanFran...ruled by such a caring group of fine upstanding people...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/socia ... 5920&ei=39
The city’s board voted 8-3 on Tuesday to pass a resolution calling for a sustained cease-fire in Israel’s war on Hamas.
Viral video of the votes’ aftermath depicted a crowd of overjoyed board members and onlookers dancing and clapping because of the result.

Many of the people caught on camera wore masks as they could be heard chanting, "Free! Free Palestine! Free! Free Palestine!" along with attempts to synchronize their clapping.
One of the masked members in the video could be seen carrying her baby as she bounced up and down to the chanting, while several others were shown sporting T-shirts with the slogan, "JEWS SAY CEASE FIRE NOW."

Some other elated congregants were wearing Keffiyeh scarves, garments which symbolize the struggle of the Palestinians against Israel.
That's alright. My city of Valparaiso, IN passed a resolution to continue the war in Israel. They also voted to add a stop light at Froberg Rd and Lincolnway.
flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Post by flaminio »

Two teens died ‘surfing’ BART trains. Their grieving mothers are begging people to stop

Two teenagers died after falling from trains in San Francisco in the past two weeks. Now, their grieving mothers are sounding the alarm about a dangerous trend of young people climbing onto the top of BART trains and “surfing” them, and posting stunt videos on social media.

Bonus content: the mother of one of the teens is responding to posts on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Consistent-Moose7799

Yeah, that's a smart thing to do -- engage the Internet at a time of tragedy.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Bay Area city named happiest in America

WalletHub published its annual rankings of the happiest cities in America on Tuesday, and for the second straight year, Fremont took home the top spot on the list. San Jose and San Francisco also cracked the list’s top 10.
  1. Fremont, CA (74.16)
  2. Overland Park, KS (69.78)
  3. San Jose, CA (69.54)
  4. Madison, WI (68.99)
  5. Irvine, CA (68.22)
  6. Honolulu, HI (68.03)
  7. San Francisco, CA (67.01)
  8. Pearl City, HI (66.90)
  9. Columbia, MD (65.77)
  10. Scottsdale, AZ (65.26)
Sorry... your city didn't make it. Don't worry; be happy.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
Clark
Just call me chuckles

Post by Clark »

They only ranked 182 cities. I live in the happiest place on Earth. We affectionately call it Elmo Town™.
It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Ds are much, much worse than Vs. - TWODOGS
surfinx

Post by surfinx »

flaminio wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:11 pm Bay Area city named happiest in America

WalletHub published its annual rankings of the happiest cities in America on Tuesday, and for the second straight year, Fremont took home the top spot on the list. San Jose and San Francisco also cracked the list’s top 10.
  1. Fremont, CA (74.16)
  2. Overland Park, KS (69.78)
  3. San Jose, CA (69.54)
  4. Madison, WI (68.99)
  5. Irvine, CA (68.22)
  6. Honolulu, HI (68.03)
  7. San Francisco, CA (67.01)
  8. Pearl City, HI (66.90)
  9. Columbia, MD (65.77)
  10. Scottsdale, AZ (65.26)
Sorry... your city didn't make it. Don't worry; be happy.
I beat yours? or at least one of yours.
The space formerly reserved for smoething intelligent.

still not intelligent
Barndog

Post by Barndog »

"polls" and reality don't match these days
clw54
I have a blog

Post by clw54 »

Fremont? Like between Hayward and San Jose? Maybe they're happy because their town is a place people pass through, but not a destination.
--Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

I hate the government -- Barndog

everyone wants to pontificate but nobody wants to wipe ass with one square -- Cullen
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

clw54 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am Fremont? Like between Hayward and San Jose? Maybe they're happy because their town is a place people pass through, but not a destination.
Fremont is a bit of a faux city, put together by a conglomeration of little towns and villages that grew into each other. Hence, some areas of Fremont are very nice and quirky; other areas just pure generica. For whatever reason, all the Indian people moved there, and so Fremont has some of the best Indian food restaurants in the Bay Area, so that's happy.
ArtificialStupidity

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

Haven't had Indian food since the pandemic.

Got a nice lunch buffet a couple miles up the road.

Homemade lemonade as well.
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

The A's have announced that next year they'll be playing in Sacramento. Poor Oakland...

flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

Are those recent prices? :shock:
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

PerryHall wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:13 pm Are those recent prices? :shock:
Picture taken yesterday, I think.
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

flaminio wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:21 pm
A few years ago, I read that gas prices are fairly uniform across the continental US and the differences seen at the pump are primarily due to state and local gas taxes. I knew gas was more expensive in Commiefornia but I never would have guessed that it would be that high. Gas here in central Florida is about $3.50 per gallon for regular.
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Not much traffic on the GGB today...

BigMark

Post by BigMark »

ArtificialStupidity

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

PerryHall wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:12 pm
flaminio wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:21 pm
A few years ago, I read that gas prices are fairly uniform across the continental US and the differences seen at the pump are primarily due to state and local gas taxes. I knew gas was more expensive in Commiefornia but I never would have guessed that it would be that high. Gas here in central Florida is about $3.50 per gallon for regular.

Florida has low taxes cause they manage to suck Hurricane relief from the feds about once a year. Not a bad strategy.

California gas is plus/minus $5.50 currently.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

Check out the video stream from our new 𝕿𝖀𝕽𝕭𝕺 𝕽𝕺𝖀𝕹𝕯𝕬𝕭𝕺𝖀𝕿

https://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d5/sr156sr25.htm

Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Hell is probably paved with roundabouts. :mad:
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.