Sigh

in memory of Wipoto, whose whines were real, unlike yours

Moderator: clw54

tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Sigh

Post by tlhoy »

The internet stopped working on the new computer so Im back to my old broken one that I havent had fixed yet.
My damn TV is acting up shutting off on its own, parts of the screen going dark, no video at all sometimes and now my computer monitor has a vertical red line thru it.

When it rains it pours.

Yes the internet works on my old computer but the new ones wifi and Ethernet dont work anymore. Back to the computer guy it goes.
Glenn

The democrat party spreading misery and death since 1828

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
RMan

Re: Sigh

Post by RMan »

You did try the built in windows network troubleshooting, right????
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I squeaked out of a mess this morning trying to find instructions on monitor brightness.
Got into a screen takeover and verbal threats to "fix" it.
Finalllyyyy.... remembered uninstall program .....
Ahhhhh...
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
BigMark

Post by BigMark »

what accent
Rollo Tomassi

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

.electronic. dire, but electronic. Easy to understand when it said to get my credit card. :lol:
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
BigMark

Post by BigMark »

You almost got punked by ai.
Rollo Tomassi

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

A lot of I is A.

Refute if you can.
tlhoy
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Post by tlhoy »

RMan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:22 pm You did try the built in windows network troubleshooting, right????
Yes it said nothing is wrong. The Ethernet connection never worked and the wifi worked at first but got worse and worse. I keep getting "A network change has been detected" with a reload request every time I tried to change pages or post something. I switched back to my old computer and the Ethernet connection works fine on it.

I can keep an eye on my wifi while its active and see it kept losing it connection every 10-15 seconds for about 1 second. Everything else that we have that uses wifi works fine so something is wrong with the computer. Loose wire or something, I dont know dunno:
Glenn

The democrat party spreading misery and death since 1828

“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” FDR
RMan

Post by RMan »

tlhoy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:35 pm
RMan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:22 pm You did try the built in windows network troubleshooting, right????
Yes it said nothing is wrong. The Ethernet connection never worked and the wifi worked at first but got worse and worse. I keep getting "A network change has been detected" with a reload request every time I tried to change pages or post something. I switched back to my old computer and the Ethernet connection works fine on it.

I can keep an eye on my wifi while its active and see it kept losing it connection every 10-15 seconds for about 1 second. Everything else that we have that uses wifi works fine so something is wrong with the computer. Loose wire or something, I dont know dunno:
I'm wondering WHY your ethernet never worked. Is it banged out in device manager? Ie...no correct driver? Tried in bios to see if there is an option to turn it on/off?

Worst case scenario, a cheap NIC may be available...maybe USB if necessary. If I were local, I'd look at it for you. Sorry.
Rollo Tomassi

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Find a tech who can do everything remotely.

With remote computer repair, you can connect with a technician and have them fix your device in real time without putting a kink in your to-do list. While the technician performs virtual surgery on your device, you can sit back and watch your screen while it's being fixed or simply carry on with your day.

Refute if you can.
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

Rollo Tomassi wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:44 pm Find a tech who can do everything remotely.

With remote computer repair, you can connect with a technician and have them fix your device in real time without putting a kink in your to-do list. While the technician performs virtual surgery on your device, you can sit back and watch your screen while it's being fixed or simply carry on with your day.
Might work with software issues but if your hard-drive crashes, good luck fixing it remotely. I only use lap-top computers and I just drop it off at the Geek Squad who have an office at my local Best Buy. It's funny that they have a badge that they wear on their belt and they tell me that sometimes they get law-enforcement discounts from carry-out restaurants. :lol: