I gotta 'nother CC....plural

All in one forum ... for now.

Moderator: flaminio

mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Re: I gotta 'nother CC....plural

Post by mdwoods »

surfinx wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:50 pm
mdwoods wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:52 am Were these coins purchased raw? Just wondering.
Yes. The ones I own were purchased raw.

My client also had his raw.
Are there still a lot of slabbable raw silver dollars out there?
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
surfinx

Re: I gotta 'nother CC....plural

Post by surfinx »

I would say yes, depending on what your criteria are. For some, it is ms 65 and up when the costs are high. But for others, it drops to 63 under bulk consideration. I've seen several rolls and had customers that have sold me rolls that were mixed 61-65. Thus, when you sort them, and can bulk them to NGC or PCGS, it becomes very worth it. Bulk slabbing for a ms 63 common date is $6. ms 64 is $12 and ms 65 is $17. If you can wholesale 60-62 at $54 a coin, it makes bulk grading worth it, if they are purchased for $40 or so apiece. Any 63s-65 have good profit margins. Of course, this means that you accept a 10-20% profit margin on most.

I'm sitting on several rolls right now waiting to get to 100 coins to grade, assuming prices stay strong.

And I know a guy that has a roll of 84CCs purchased from Heritage in the 80s.....That roll is worth slabbing.

So, yeah, lots of coins still out there for slabbing, depending on your threshold. Likely not worth it on the 2-4 coin orders that are ms 63/64, but if grouped into a bulk order, yeah, it can work out.

of course, this is common dates. Tons of good better date and rare date stuff still out there too.

surf
The space formerly reserved for smoething intelligent.

still not intelligent