Better than forgiving student loans...

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

ArtificialStupidity

Better than forgiving student loans...

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

Allow borrowers to opt out of Social Security and Medicare/caid programs. No premiums on the employee side and no benefits when they retire.

That frees up about 10% of their gross income to pay off the college debt. SS employer "contibution" can stay I suppose, to keep the pomzi afloat.
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT
ArtificialStupidity

Re: Better than forgiving student loans...

PerryFatHallMan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 pm
No No No. Can't let the suckers off the hook that easily. Need their gelt to float our cushy retirements.

:roll:

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

ArtificialStupidity wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm
No No No. Can't let the suckers off the hook that easily. Need their gelt to float our cushy retirements.

So, I'll give you another chance to answer with a simple yes or no.

qlicker, if or when you are 65 or older have you / will you take your Social Security or Medicare benefit?

Seems the last time asked I, and others, noticed you did not answer.
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

Here's an idea. Stop making education a profit center the same way we ruined healthcare. That's what f'ed us in the first place. Stop the predatory lending. Sure, you can loan money for education in the private sector if you want, but it will NOT be guaranteed like a government loan. Let those lenders Go TFA away naturally. Assholes.

Education loans will be available from the government with little or no interest (if they become productive citizens, then the taxes they pay will be enough), and it WILL be paid back - but we're not gonna destroy you with crushing rates so that it's impossible to make any headway.
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

ArtificialStupidity wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 pm Allow borrowers to opt out of Social Security and Medicare/caid programs. No premiums on the employee side and no benefits when they retire.
That doesn't work. Productive citizens will opt out at a rate of oh, around 100%. I know I sure would have. I will have paid a time-value of 10x more than I'll ever collect. I've been paying the max annually for about 15 years now. So that a single 90 year old could get a quadruple bypass allowing them to live 6 extra months watching Wheel of Fortune from a hospital bed. Money well spent.

The only people paying into it will be people who earn nothing, pay no taxes, and pay virtually nothing to SS.
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

FatMan wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 am

qlicker, if or when you are 65 or older have you / will you take your Social Security or Medicare benefit?

I can't imagine Glicker ever saying no to a benefit whether it's earned or unearned. :lol:
MacCrimmon

Post by MacCrimmon »

baccaruda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 am
ArtificialStupidity wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 pm Allow borrowers to opt out of Social Security and Medicare/caid programs. No premiums on the employee side and no benefits when they retire.
That doesn't work. Productive citizens will opt out at a rate of oh, around 100%. I know I sure would have. I will have paid a time-value of 10x more than I'll ever collect. I've been paying the max annually for about 15 years now. So that a single 90 year old could get a quadruple bypass allowing them to live 6 extra months watching Wheel of Fortune from a hospital bed. Money well spent.

The only people paying into it will be people who earn nothing, pay no taxes, and pay virtually nothing to SS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ragin' Cherokee

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
"Walk lightly in the spring, Mother Earth is pregnant."
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

"Laziness, when harnessed in a productive fashion is an asset." - TWODOGS
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

baccaruda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 am

Don't the government health care plans now pay for sex change operations? With all the follow-up and counseling, I imagine that must be very expensive.
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Allow Social Security to be voluntary and then billet 220 million screaming seniors in the houses of the opt-outs that are still working. :shock: :lol:
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
ArtificialStupidity

baccaruda wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 am So that a single 90 year old could get a quadruple bypass allowing them to live 6 extra months watching Wheel of Fortune from a hospital bed. Money well spent.

That is good sig line stuff.

Barndog

Post by Barndog »

remember when American kids were wicked smart? Then the Dept of Education was founded. That worked perfectly (leftist plan)
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

The best way to stop the student loan problem is to stop student loans. Getting rid of government student loans would quickly drop the cost of college by 50% and even more. Then people who cannot afford college can get back to doing it the old fashioned way. Get a fuddernutter JOB! It amazes me that down in Dahlonega all I see are help wanted signs and it's a college town.

ArtificialStupidity

Clw54 is pro life. Did you ask him if he ever had an abortion?

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

ArtificialStupidity wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:52 pm

Clw54 is pro life. Did you ask him if he ever had an abortion?
This is not hard qlicker, a simple yes or no.

I don't doubt Clw's sincerity on his position, but I smell some serious hypocrisy from you on your statements on SS and Medicare. Prove me wrong.

Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

"Prove me wrong" led to many duels in the 18th century. :cool:
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
ArtificialStupidity

Rollo Tomassi wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 am "Prove me wrong" led to many duels in the 18th century. :cool:

If I say no, the midwit won't believe me and it will take a month to get documentation to prove it. Historically that will only escalate the debate.

I better review this...

FatMan

Post by FatMan »

ArtificialStupidity wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:00 am
Rollo Tomassi wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 am "Prove me wrong" led to many duels in the 18th century. :cool:

If I say no, the midwit won't believe me and it will take a month to get documentation to prove it. Historically that will only escalate the debate.

I better review this...
Hey qlicker, I might believe that you are phony as all get out but I don't believe you to be a liar. No escalation here. Just answer the simple question. Your reluctance only reinforces my belief you are nothing but a hypocrite on this matter.

BigMark

Post by BigMark »

He probably worked under the table most of his life.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

BigMark wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 am He probably worked under the table most of his life.
Certainly plausible. He may not qualify. Easy to complain about what you can't have.

BigMark

Post by BigMark »

He's the simpson oil of withholding.