Alan Watts

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

cullenbryant

Re: Alan Watts

Post by cullenbryant »

mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm
cullenbryant wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:41 pm They did a fine job and the book we know as the bible has a complexity unmatched and stands alone this many thousands of years later. Man couldn't devise a book spanning that many years like that, with those interesting and wise stories. I wish people could see it for what it is, maybe you will sit down with it sometime.

Why is God such a difficult concept? think about the ant. We share the space with him, he has no idea we are there. Why couldn't we have a greater than us situation similar to the observable ant's?
I think the bible was written by men who didn't understand the universe as well as we do today, trying to explain how and why. The concept of a creator is not difficult for me to imagine but the god of the bible is not exactly the type of being I'd worship. And why would some being so superior to us want us to worship him. There are just too many things that don't make sense for me to be able to believe it. I'll agree that we are pretty limited in our understanding or maybe even in our ability to understand but that's still not a good reason for me to believe in any of the man made gods. There are many writing that predate the new testament. I don't believe them either.
Here's my think. The bible might be accepted by more if instead of 'bible', the title was The Rectification of the Fall of Mankind in the Garden. Because that's the summarization of the entire book, OT included. That's when the rectification began, immediately after the fall.
The writers were not trying to explain the universe, nor did they address many mundane life issues and their position on them. Every bit of it was accomplished to bring us back to the state we were in before we partook from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Salvation from what had happened, because remember that God had stated, that in the day that ye eat thereof ye shall surely die. So the whole book, OT and NT was accomplished to remove that burden from us. A pathway to live. That's how grievous the fall in the garden was and how incredibly lengthy it was to rectify. They had to now take hold of the tree of life.

the complexity my friends. read it sometime and consider the complexity in comparison to the other books you've read. that ought to say something to you, at least.
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

cullenbryant wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:47 am
mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm
cullenbryant wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:41 pm They did a fine job and the book we know as the bible has a complexity unmatched and stands alone this many thousands of years later. Man couldn't devise a book spanning that many years like that, with those interesting and wise stories. I wish people could see it for what it is, maybe you will sit down with it sometime.

Why is God such a difficult concept? think about the ant. We share the space with him, he has no idea we are there. Why couldn't we have a greater than us situation similar to the observable ant's?
I think the bible was written by men who didn't understand the universe as well as we do today, trying to explain how and why. The concept of a creator is not difficult for me to imagine but the god of the bible is not exactly the type of being I'd worship. And why would some being so superior to us want us to worship him. There are just too many things that don't make sense for me to be able to believe it. I'll agree that we are pretty limited in our understanding or maybe even in our ability to understand but that's still not a good reason for me to believe in any of the man made gods. There are many writing that predate the new testament. I don't believe them either.
Here's my think. The bible might be accepted by more if instead of 'bible', the title was The Rectification of the Fall of Mankind in the Garden. Because that's the summarization of the entire book, OT included. That's when the rectification began, immediately after the fall.
The writers were not trying to explain the universe, nor did they address many mundane life issues and their position on them. Every bit of it was accomplished to bring us back to the state we were in before we partook from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Salvation from what had happened, because remember that God had stated, that in the day that ye eat thereof ye shall surely die. So the whole book, OT and NT was accomplished to remove that burden from us. A pathway to live. That's how grievous the fall in the garden was and how incredibly lengthy it was to rectify. They had to now take hold of the tree of life.

the complexity my friends. read it sometime and consider the complexity in comparison to the other books you've read. that ought to say something to you, at least.
Complexity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cullen, you had it right when you admitted religion is all made up. Just stay with the truth.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:36 am Cullen inadvertently told the absolute truth.

"There is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf."

It's all made up. Period. Take a thousand groups of a thousand humans and wipe their brains and isolate the groups, in a hundred years you will have at least a thousand different stories of invisible supperdaddies and supermommies. It's how the human brain copes with intelligence/awareness and mortality.
My statement wasn't inadvertent, it was observational. What probably was inadvertent was you; by agreeing with the statement and acknowledging that it is the absolute truth, is admit that you have built yourself some proverbial golden calf.
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

cullenbryant wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 am
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:36 am Cullen inadvertently told the absolute truth.

"There is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf."

It's all made up. Period. Take a thousand groups of a thousand humans and wipe their brains and isolate the groups, in a hundred years you will have at least a thousand different stories of invisible supperdaddies and supermommies. It's how the human brain copes with intelligence/awareness and mortality.
My statement wasn't inadvertent, it was observational. What probably was inadvertent was you; by agreeing with the statement and acknowledging that it is the absolute truth, is admit that you have built yourself some proverbial golden calf.
:lol: Stay with your gay frog Alex Jones stuff. You're in over your head on anything else.

Men make up gods. End of story.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

Drive by... last resort and useless

Read what happened. You agreed with a statement that you didn't realize was about you. Now you're trapped and it's time to sling Elmo like zoo monkey :lol:
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

cullenbryant wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:17 am Drive by... last resort and useless

Read what happened. You agreed with a statement that you didn't realize was about you. Now you're trapped and it's time to sling Elmo like zoo monkey :lol:
Hey, I gave you full credit for saying there is never no religion. You were dead spot on. Be happy with finally getting it right!
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Murg and Og, sitting by their flint started fire were discussing the day's hunt.
Gwurg got trampled that day.
"Where did Gwurg go?" axed Og.
"To a HAPPY hunting ground" Murg replied.
Murg was promptly made the leader of the clan and as such exempted from all future dangerous hunts and bestowed with finery and exaltation.

Murg liked the idea a lot. whistle: hmm:
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.