Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

MacGyver
Purveyor of the political smackdown

Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Post by MacGyver »

…who would you rather have as neighbours?
------------------------------------------------------------
Farkas: “...if they found out how we knew what we knew about their … the Trump staff dealing with Russians...”

Page: "Potus wants to know everything we're doing,"

Barry: “...they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Re: Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Post by mdwoods »

Atheists of course. But I do know some Christians who really try to do what Jesus supposedly taught. I don't know if anyone I know is Jewish, no muslims that I know of.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm Atheists of course. But I do know some Christians who really try to do what Jesus supposedly taught. I don't know if anyone I know is Jewish, no muslims that I know of.
What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
Farkas: “...if they found out how we knew what we knew about their … the Trump staff dealing with Russians...”

Barry: “...they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Thanks for answering a question Woodie, without accusing me of putting words in your mouth.

MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

I wonder who is the best neighbour…satanists which have no moral limits, or Christians who sin once in awhile.

mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm Atheists of course. But I do know some Christians who really try to do what Jesus supposedly taught. I don't know if anyone I know is Jewish, no muslims that I know of.
I can't speak of others but I live by the golden rule.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm I wonder who is the best neighbour…satanists which have no moral limits, or Christians who sin once in awhile.
I don't know anyone who is a satanist. I don't have any friends who know anyone who is a satanist. They are such a small group they have no impact on anything. Plus if there are satanists, they're just as foolish as anyone else who believes in organized religion.
Last edited by mdwoods on Sun May 05, 2024 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm I wonder who is the best neighbour…satanists which have no moral limits, or Christians who sin once in awhile.
I don't know anyone who is a satanist. I don't have any friends who know anyone who is a satanist. They are such a small group they have no impact on anything. Plus is their are satanist, they're just as foolish as anyone else who believes in organized religion.
Pure evil, eh?

mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:58 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm
I don't know anyone who is a satanist. I don't have any friends who know anyone who is a satanist. They are such a small group they have no impact on anything. Plus if there are satanists, they're just as foolish as anyone else who believes in organized religion.
Pure evil, eh?
I really doubt they're pure evil, I'd say mostly they're a bunch of insecure morons.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 pm
I can't speak of others but I live by the golden rule.
"He who has the gold makes the rules."
agree:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm I don't know anyone who is a satanist...
So, I assume you have never been married. :lol:
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
ArtificialStupidity

Post by ArtificialStupidity »

A lot of military folks were neighbors when I moved here. They were all great.

Bunch of snowbirds too. Mostly good people.
Can we delete the artificialstupidity account? ~~ Varnish

This place needed him back.~~ HLT
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

Athiests, no question. The less people howling at the moon, performing rituals, and hating other people over fiction is always better.
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

The same as any other person, they just don't believe in ghosts.
BigMark

Post by BigMark »

Mormons.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am
That whole question is so fuddernutter moronic.

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
That said, Jesus still loves you.
“You’re not learning anything if you’re not making mistakes.”

~ Charlie Munger
flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Post by flaminio »

MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
Christians don't murder people 'cause God told them not to. But even if they do, they can still pray away their sins and get to heaven.

Atheists don't murder people 'cause murdering people is wrong. It's not really any more complicated than that.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am

In my experience people who believe in God have weaker morals. They think their belief in an invisible superperson alone gives them authority over others, and excuses their transgressions against others.