Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

baccaruda

Re: Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Post by baccaruda »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
Christians don't murder people 'cause God told them not to. But even if they do, they can still pray away their sins and get to heaven.

Atheists don't murder people 'cause murdering people is wrong. It's not really any more complicated than that.
Exactly, they can perpetrate whatever crimes against others that they want as long as they believe in a fictional person and repent to said fictional person.

Athiests have no fictional person that lets them off the hook.
flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Post by flaminio »

MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm …who would you rather have as neighbours?
Don't really care; as long as they leave me alone.

In the area I live I have a lot of Hindu neighbors. They have fun holidays.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:47 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm …who would you rather have as neighbours?

Unfortunately most atheists don’t feel the way you do. So many, like a couple responding here have this internal crusade to convince people of faith that they are wrong. Must suck knowing they are pissing into the wind.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

Comrade Renski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am
baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm Atheists of course. But I do know some Christians who really try to do what Jesus supposedly taught. I don't know if anyone I know is Jewish, no muslims that I know of.
What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
The same as any other person, they just don't believe in ghosts.
That whole question is so fuddernutter moronic.

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
That said, Jesus still loves you.
Whatever gets you through the day, man.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

WhyNot wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 am

Unfortunately most atheists don’t feel the way you do. So many, like a couple responding here have this internal crusade to convince people of faith that they are wrong. Must suck knowing they are pissing into the wind.
There's a world of difference between posting on a forum versus talking to people IRL. I've never proselytized atheism to anyone in person. If asked, I won't hide, but it's something that so very rarely comes up in the course of a day.

In comparison, I've lost count on the number of people literally knocking on my door to convert me to their religion. No atheist anywhere has ever done that.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

Most? Cite please, you're full of Elmo...

And OMG, do you really want to get into proselytizing??? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JFC.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

It turns my guts too flam when people go door to door trying to convince me of anything. Religion is so high on that list because of all things religion shouldn’t have made the list. Also agree that aside from a board like this my religious beliefs are never discussed in real life. Well sometimes I do mention this little Happy guy that pisses into the wind….
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Most? Cite please, you're full of Elmo...

And OMG, do you really want to get into proselytizing??? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JFC.
God really does still love you but he shakes his head a lot when he thinks it.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:56 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm

What moral code do atheists follow, if any?

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
Thx, it does.

I don't know why you always have to be on this crusade, lol, convincing otherwise. Let it be. To you 'Jesus' is a four-letter word or a three-letter cursing acronym. It's very disrespectful. Let it be, man. Let it be. :D
“You’re not learning anything if you’re not making mistakes.”

~ Charlie Munger
PerryHall

Post by PerryHall »

Many atheists are as bad as vegans with their sanctimonious lecturing and preaching. I think they are trying to convince themselves more than others of their beliefs. :roll:
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Jehovah Witnesses save money on gifts.
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

I disagree, it's Christians who are always trying to convert non believers not the other way around until they are confronted by witnessing.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

PerryHall wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:28 am

Many atheists are as bad as vegans with their sanctimonious lecturing and preaching. I think they are trying to convince themselves more than others of their beliefs. :roll:
It's Christians who want the laws of the nation to follow their religion. It's Christians who go door to door witnessing. I've never heard of an atheist going to someone's house to try and convince them their religion is wrong, even though it is wrong.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

Comrade Renski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:24 am
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:56 am

Thx, it does.

I don't know why you always have to be on this crusade, lol, convincing otherwise. Let it be. To you 'Jesus' is a four-letter word or a three-letter cursing acronym. It's very disrespectful. Let it be, man. Let it be. :D
I think this, I have to acknowledge your beliefs, I don't have to respect what is obviously not true.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
mozeppa

Post by mozeppa »

it don't matter to me ....i love everyone.
cullenbryant

Post by cullenbryant »

mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 am

It's Christians who want the laws of the nation to follow their religion. It's Christians who go door to door witnessing. I've never heard of an atheist going to someone's house to try and convince them their religion is wrong, even though it is wrong.
It's actually everyone. You have heard the song, "everybody wants to rule the world". "atheists" are no different. atheists are mainly bitchers, stock and trade. that's too harsh, edit that atheists primary driver is to be an anti religion. but amongst the bitching it turns into its own statist religion. you might have seen the statists controlling society for a brief time during the pandemic. they called themselves science and really had their own utiopia in mind and amongst the faithful still do.
POTD-
5/2/07
6/3/09
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

This thread has just proven to the me that the average IQ on the OFR is quite a bit lower than I had imagined. Didn't think that was possible. :lol:

I stand with MLK here: where they will not be judged by their religion but by the content of their character.

I never gave it much of thought, other than if my neighbor was available to golf on Sunday or Saturday, or both.

I can sit and enjoy a beer with HLT, CR, and all of you and everyone else on the planet as long as they drink. If they don't drink they are assholes and not welcome as my neighbor. :wink:
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
mozeppa

Post by mozeppa »

I still love everyone! :D
flaminio

Post by flaminio »

FatMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 am This thread has just proven to the me that the average IQ on the OFR is quite a bit lower than I had imagined.
Be assured -- it's even lower than that.
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

cullenbryant wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:07 am
mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 am

It's actually everyone. You have heard the song, "everybody wants to rule the world". "atheists" are no different. atheists are mainly bitchers, stock and trade. that's too harsh, edit that atheists primary driver is to be an anti religion. but amongst the bitching it turns into its own statist religion. you might have seen the statists controlling society for a brief time during the pandemic. they called themselves science and really had their own utiopia in mind and amongst the faithful still do.
I would counter with the statement that atheists have a reason to bitch. Religion has been crammed down our throats for thousands of years. Science is far from perfect but it is self correcting something that religion is not.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn