Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Talk about whatever you like but please try to keep it somewhat clean.

Moderator: clw54

FatMan

Re: Christians, Jews, Muslims or Atheists…

Post by FatMan »

Lots of violence with words here with little to no escape. You all need to find a safe space. :roll:
Last edited by FatMan on Mon May 06, 2024 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

FatMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 am Lot's of violence with words here with little to no escape. You all need to find a safe space. :roll:
Mostly just a way to let off steam and frustration. :mrgreen:
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

"I fear that if my hope trumps my reason I will be entombed in false beliefs"
Robert Lawrence Kuhn
flaminio
EZEKIEL 23:20

Post by flaminio »

FatMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 am Lot's
You want violence? YOU GOT IT.
BobLibertarian • Skeptic • Omnivore • Atheist • Californian • Voter • Father • Numismatist • Curmudgeon • Genius • Non-Smoker • Happy-Go-Lucky
Friends: Petescorner • saintguru • Goose • xpipe • SFDukie • gsaguy • HappyLittleTrees • tumuss • Clark • Gyocomgd • "Cats are for fags." -TheLiberator
FREE ANONYMOOSEAn Eternal Sportsmind For YouJESUS WAS A LIBERTARIANI don't care what you think as long as it's about me...
BigMark

Post by BigMark »

Not my bible, not my pew.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

flaminio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:35 am
FatMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 am Lot's
You want violence? YOU GOT IT.
Yes, my apologies. All this verbal violence just makes me crazy. :lol:
I speak for everyone. I am omnipotent :!:

Suches Life :heart:
coinmickey
I don't have a title.

Post by coinmickey »

This forum needs a holiday like Festivus....for the rest of us. :lol:
Hunters suck, and their little dogs too.

Trumpbots- Defending the Indefensible.
coinmickey
I don't have a title.

Post by coinmickey »

mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:27 am I would counter with the statement that atheists have a reason to bitch. Religion has been crammed down our throats for thousands of years. Science is far from perfect but it is self correcting something that religion is not.
This is the correct answer, btw.
Hunters suck, and their little dogs too.

Trumpbots- Defending the Indefensible.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 am
PerryHall wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:28 am
WhyNot wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 am
flaminio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:47 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:35 pm …who would you rather have as neighbours?
Don't really care; as long as they leave me alone.

In the area I live I have a lot of Hindu neighbors. They have fun holidays.
Unfortunately most atheists don’t feel the way you do. So many, like a couple responding here have this internal crusade to convince people of faith that they are wrong. Must suck knowing they are pissing into the wind.
Many atheists are as bad as vegans with their sanctimonious lecturing and preaching. I think they are trying to convince themselves more than others of their beliefs. :roll:
It's Christians who want the laws of the nation to follow their religion.
The "...separation of church and state" Jefferson wrote about in 1802 was to protect the church from the state, not the other way around.

Jefferson wasn't alone, Roger Williams, founder of Rhode Island, said an authentic Christian church would be possible only if there was “a wall or hedge of separation” between the “wilderness of the world” and “the garden of the church.” He believed that any government involvement in the church would corrupt the church. Williams was the first to use the now misquoted and misdirected term separation of church and state.

Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, believer or not. We're not a Hindu nation, not Muslim, not Shinto, etc...
“You’re not learning anything if you’re not making mistakes.”

~ Charlie Munger
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

Comrade Renski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:52 am
flaminio wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:47 am

Don't really care; as long as they leave me alone.

In the area I live I have a lot of Hindu neighbors. They have fun holidays.
Unfortunately most atheists don’t feel the way you do. So many, like a couple responding here have this internal crusade to convince people of faith that they are wrong. Must suck knowing they are pissing into the wind.
Many atheists are as bad as vegans with their sanctimonious lecturing and preaching. I think they are trying to convince themselves more than others of their beliefs. :roll:
The "...separation of church and state" Jefferson wrote about in 1802 was to protect the church from the state, not the other way around.

Jefferson wasn't alone, Roger Williams, founder of Rhode Island, said an authentic Christian church would be possible only if there was “a wall or hedge of separation” between the “wilderness of the world” and “the garden of the church.” He believed that any government involvement in the church would corrupt the church. Williams was the first to use the now misquoted and misdirected term separation of church and state.

Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, believer or not. We're not a Hindu nation, not Muslim, not Shinto, etc...
We already have the Christian version of sharia law in the south. We don't need it in our country. "The separation of church and state is a concept that prevents the government from creating an official religion". We are not a Christian nation.
We Are Stardust

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight". Albert Schweitzer

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
TRx
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by TRx »

baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:44 am
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am
baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm
mdwoods wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm Atheists of course. But I do know some Christians who really try to do what Jesus supposedly taught. I don't know if anyone I know is Jewish, no muslims that I know of.
What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
The same as any other person, they just don't believe in ghosts.
That whole question is so fuddernutter moronic.

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
In my experience people who believe in God have weaker morals. They think their belief in an invisible superperson alone gives them authority over others, and excuses their transgressions against others.
I'm not so sure... I mean... have you read HLT's posts? :lol:
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

FatMan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 am I can sit and enjoy a beer with HLT, CR, and all of you and everyone else on the planet as long as they drink. If they don't drink they are assholes and not welcome as my neighbor. :wink:
Can I please just get a water? I don't drink alcohol.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
baccaruda

Post by baccaruda »

TRx wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:05 pm
baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:44 am
HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am
baccaruda wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am
MacGyver wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:47 pm

What moral code do atheists follow, if any?
The same as any other person, they just don't believe in ghosts.
That whole question is so fuddernutter moronic.

Gods are made up by man, and man instills their own morals and values into their gods. The idea that you need an invisible superdaddy to have a moral code is pure silliness.
In my experience people who believe in God have weaker morals. They think their belief in an invisible superperson alone gives them authority over others, and excuses their transgressions against others.
I'm not so sure... I mean... have you read HLT's posts? :lol:
Yeah he's pretty abrasive, but in a secular way.
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:59 am

We already have the Christian version of sharia law in the south. We don't need it in our country. "The separation of church and state is a concept that prevents the government from creating an official religion". We are not a Christian nation.
Never said we were a Christina nation, just pointing out the architecture our Founders used to inspire the Founding Documents, laws, morals, rights, etc.

And, you state you use the Golden Rule as your moral compass illustrates this. "...do to others what you would have them do to you,..." is the precept in the Gospel of Mathew 7:12 - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets". Even though you're not a Christian, don't believe in sky daddy stuff, you agree that your moral compass is rooted in Judeo-Christian principles(?)

~ Charlie Munger
mdwoods
POTD Giver Outer

Post by mdwoods »

Comrade Renski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Never said we were a Christina nation, just pointing out the architecture our Founders used to inspire the Founding Documents, laws, morals, rights, etc.

And, you state you use the Golden Rule as your moral compass illustrates this. "...do to others what you would have them do to you,..." is the precept in the Gospel of Mathew 7:12 - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets". Even though you're not a Christian, don't believe in sky daddy stuff, you agree that your moral compass is rooted in Judeo-Christian principles(?)
I agree up to a point. But you don't need to be religious to be a moral person. That is something taught by your parents in my opinion. I know some religious people who I think are moral, including yourself. I also know non-religious people who are moral.
We Are Stardust

Robert Lawrence Kuhn
Comrade Renski

Post by Comrade Renski »

mdwoods wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:46 pm
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

I agree up to a point. But you don't need to be religious to be a moral person. That is something taught by your parents in my opinion. I know some religious people who I think are moral, including yourself. I also know non-religious people who are moral.
100%

~ Charlie Munger
Rollo Tomassi
Associate Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

And the winner is....... uh...... chin:
"Racist" is a toolword. You must know that.
Any objective examination of the effect of "them" has to lead you to the behavior and ideology that is now termed, "racist."

Refute if you can.
HappyLittleTrees
I'm so confused

Post by HappyLittleTrees »

Rollo Tomassi wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:21 pm And the winner is....... uh...... chin:
All of us!

Great thread.
Comrade Renski wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm Young-Earth Creationists not only fail to take science seriously – they truly fail to take the Bible seriously.
cullenbryant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:26 pm there is never no religion. if you removed every one you mentioned, man will build himself a golden calf.
ms70

Post by ms70 »

Coming in to this conversation late..... I have a Jewish next door neighbor who has been absolutely wonderful. She's not orthodox. Her husband died a few years back and was a crabby guy, but he earned that right since he suffered with some really annoying skin problem for a long time. She's 81 and I kid you not she looks more like 60 & attractive. She still works as a realtor and will occasionally ask me to help her move stuff to stage houses. I never wanted to take money since I considered her a friend but she'd always do something nice like send over a nice bottle of booze or drop a generous gift card in my mailbox. She's tough and won't take no for an answer.

Funny thing- We never talked politics until about 6 months ago. Turns out she's liberal but her husband was a staunch republican and Trump fan. She said they used to fight like cats and dogs over politics. :lol:

She's great.
MacGyver
Purveyor of the political smackdown

Post by MacGyver »

HappyLittleTrees wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:02 pm
Rollo Tomassi wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:21 pm And the winner is....... uh...... chin:
All of us!

Great thread.
Much hatred for Christians in the thread…almost like Christians are controlling the lives of non Christians.

The US of A should bring in more Muslims…so Christians don’t have as much influence.

Liberal fascism/progressives will restrict your liberty more than Christians…vote for them…vs Christians
------------------------------------------------------------
Farkas: “...if they found out how we knew what we knew about their … the Trump staff dealing with Russians...”

Page: "Potus wants to know everything we're doing,"

Barry: “...they’re now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
BigMark

Post by BigMark »

Hatred? At the most disdain.